Re: http server on 10g R2

From: Andrea <netsecurity_at_tiscali.it>
Date: 26 Mar 2007 04:08:35 -0700

On 26 Mar, 12:42, "frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com" <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 mrt, 11:43, "Andrea" <netsecur..._at_tiscali.it> wrote:

> > > Posssibly two different issues happening here:
>
> > > 1) So far, Oracle uses Apache for regular HTTP services. (That is
> > > starting to change
> > > with the push towards DBMS_EPG to replace mod_plsql for simple uses,
> > > as in APEX.)
>
> > > To get that Apache installed, you need to install from the Companion
> > > CD
>
> > > 2) EM's website is managed through the enterprise manager, which is
> > > started and stopped entirely using ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl and the above
> > > HTTP server is not installed for this purpose. I get the impression
> > > they don't use
> > > Apache for that, but rather a specialized and very thin HTTP server.
>
> > > If you need to change the port, use emca
>
> > > When you say "it doesn't work", you leave out a few descriptive parts.
> > > Like ... what makes you think "it doesn't work". Perhaps you could
> > > provide something like error messages, operating system, firewall
> > > configuration, anti-virus stuff ...
>
> > The aren't firewall and antivirus.
>
> > in emca.properties there is "DBCONTROL_HTTP_PORT_DEFAULT=1158"
> > dbconsole is active but with "netstat -na" there isn't the 1158 port
> > in listening.
>
> > IE says "page not found", like there isn't any http server (embedded
> > or anything else) active.
>
> > :(
>
> > regret to apache of previous version..
>
> Try this:
> emctl start dbconsole
> and see what gives.
>
> emctl should be in $ORACLE_HOME/bin.

C:\>emctl start dbconsole
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control Release 10.2.0.1.0 Copyright (c) 1996, 2005 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. http://2003ed.oracle.local:1158/em/console/aboutApplication Starting Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control ... the service is already started

If i try "http://2003ed.oracle.local:1158/em" it show me page not found.

and with "netstat -na" don't find any 1158 port in listen. Received on Mon Mar 26 2007 - 06:08:35 CDT