Re: row locking and inserts

From: pp <pedro.e.pinto_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2007 09:40:59 -0700

Allright, I apologize for my lack of Oracle expertise. I will try to explain my motivations a little better.

I have multiple processes accessing my oracle database. Each of these processes is, at any given time, only interested in a subset of the rows in my table, the subset for which field1 has a specific value. Based on rows found in this subset (which can be empty), my process will make different decisions. When the subset is empty, a new row should be added, when it is not, all the rows in the subset need to be analyzed. This analysis has to be done through Java code. Depending on the result of the analysis, a new row can be added to the table (a row which would be logically part of the subset), a row in the subset can be deleted, or no action taken.

For correctness, my application requires that access to this subset be serialized.

Does that make more sense?

-pp Received on Sun Mar 25 2007 - 11:40:59 CDT