Application, session and performance.

From: <gxchristian_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 24 Mar 2007 11:10:33 -0700

Hello,

I need to monitor the performance of an application that executes queries against an Oracle database. Given the application -Access- has almost no way to trace activity inside it, I need to control its performance from Oracle.

Given the requirements I have from the application monitoring, I am lead to measure:

I have read some stuff here and there, but still feel I need some guidance. I have also read about specific functionality in Oracle 10g around performance.... would it cover my needs?. Any tip or way to face this?.

Many thanks,
George. Received on Sat Mar 24 2007 - 13:10:33 CDT