Need help with tools

From: efair <ed_fair_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2007 12:13:34 -0700

Hi,

I've been living in the MS SQL Server world for some time -- both developing and supporting databases. I now have to start supporting Oracle9i, and I know very little about it beyond sqlplus.

MS includes a few tools that I use daily -- Enterprise Manager and Query Analyser -- and I'm wondering if there are equivalent tools in Oracle.

Enterprise manager is a graphical tool for showing the details of database(s) -- table names, column names, primary keys, constraints, indexes, and the like.

Query manager is a graphical tool for running SQL queries. It allows multiple windows to be open -- so that you can connect to two databases and run two queries against each database and keep the result sets in separate windows. It also supports a "grid output" mode that allows results to be viewed by scrolling up and down, and allows copy and paste into spreadsheets.

Are there any similar tools included with Oracle9i?

Are there any good books for people in my situation?

ed Received on Fri Mar 23 2007 - 14:13:34 CDT