Re: Procedure in PL/SQL and Oracle Application Express

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2007 08:45:01 -0700

On Mar 23, 5:58 am, "ing_ora" <zan..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My question contains 2 Parts :
>
> 1) the first part : how can I Create a procedure in PL/SQL that
> generate a text file for me baesed on a query of a table. For instance
> the content of this table
>
> ORDER_ID,CUSTOMER_ID,ORDER_TOTAL,ORDER_TIMESTAMP,USER_ID
> 1,1,1200,5-11-2006 13:17:45,2
> 2,2,599,31-10-2006 13:17:45,2
> 3,2,1999,26-10-2006 13:17:45,2
>
> 2) the second Part : after I make this procedure, how Can I be able to
> excecute this procedure in Oracle Application Express , and as result
> of that excecution the generated file will be placed in a specific
> directory on my copmuter.
>
> I appreciate very much your help.
>
> Thanks inadvance

  1. You do not need to develop a stored procedure for that: single SQL could do it for you. Formatting can/should be done on the client (i.e. SQL*Plus, Java, OAE, etc.).
  2. To store the file in a specific place is, again, a client function, not stored procedure - the Oracle server should not have access to your machine, while the client has.