Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: bomahony <bomahony_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2007 03:40:40 -0700

Ive been asked to install Enterprise Manager on our solaris boxes as our software engineers want to be able to change the amount of memory oracle uses - they use EM on windows and want to use it on solaris. I just have a few questions on this, as i have never used EM.

When i go to install it, it tells me it needs 2.5G for install with an existing database. this seems a bit much?

It wants to install grid control with the base. What is grid control for?

All they want is the web manager - is it possible to install this on one machine and manage others (either all same versions of oracle or multiple different versions -10.1 10.2 ect)?

If all they want is the web based manager, is there just a small install for this?

To avaoid all this messing about is there commands / settinggs file where i can limit the amount of memory oracle uses? [[IE :
Click on the Administration Tab > Instance > Memory Parameters

Select Enable - Automatic Shared Memory Management

Set the Total SGA Size for Automatic Memory Management ]]

Thanx for the help.

Im running oracle 10.2, but will have to repeat the process for oracle 10.1) Received on Fri Mar 23 2007 - 05:40:40 CDT