Re: ora-01003

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:08:24 -0500

daniel.p.nguyen_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I was wondering if any one could extend their help. Thank you in
> advance for any one replying.
>
> Our .NET web application written in C#, running in IIS 6.0, pointing
> to Oracle 10. The web application utilize connection pulling. We are
> managing connection very tighly. We open the connection at the last
> minute, and dispose the connection right after use.

This does not describe connection pooling. With connection pooling, the connections are always connected to the database. The application uses one of the previously spawned connections. Maybe you are talking about the app contacting the pool here....

In your description, you did not mention the method of connectivity. Is the app using ODBC, JDBC, or OCI libraries for its connection? Probably not JDBC since this is a C# app. If using ODBC, are you using Oracle drivers or some third party drivers?

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net