Re: RMAN backup strategy on 10g r2 on linux

From: Cristi <cmit37_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2007 09:31:10 -0700

I have a test server I am running this under. To be safe I archived the entire filesystem so I can use that as a backup if needs be.

> ALLOCATE CHANNEL FOR MAINTENANCE DEVICE TYPE DISK;
> DELETE NOPROMPT ARCHIVELOG UNTIL TIME 'sysdate - 1' BACKED UP 1 TIMES
> TO DEVICE TYPE <where ever>;
> RELEASE CHANNEL;
will this 'remember' where I previously placed the logs and delete them from the disk or will it just remove the entries from the catalog? Is it a one time command?

What is the likely downside of running:
emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -EM_SID_LIST <sid> emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create -EM_SID_LIST <sid>

Will affect the database or just the enterprise manager? Thanks Received on Thu Mar 22 2007 - 11:31:10 CDT