Re: RMAN backup strategy on 10g r2 on linux

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2007 04:09:10 -0700

On Mar 22, 12:04 pm, "Cristi" <cmi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> so what do I need to backup in order to have a complete archive?
>
> backup database
> backup CURRENT CONTROLFILE
> backup ARCHIVELOG
>
> If I back these up every night and need to restore the db can it be
> done if only the latest archive is available or do I need all the
> previous archives?

What did I say? *AUTOBACKUP*!
Can't you read?
Why do you think you don't need all the previous archives since the last backup?
Why do you think you can't go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and just type recovery in the search box? Why do I need to do your work for free?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA