Re: how to store ACELNÓSZZACELNÓSZZ in procedure

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2007 02:26:50 -0700

On Mar 22, 9:23 am, "Steve Robin" <ocma..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I found that character is problem, which character set will support
> polish characters.
> As I found EE8ISO8859P2 does support according tohttp://www.wangz.net/nls_ei.php
> I still I am not able to store it.
> Is there any way to store following characters(polish characters) in
> database:
>
> ACELNÓSZZACELNÓSZZ
>
> oracle : 9.2.0.3
> os : sun solaris
>
> SQL> select * from v$nls_parameters;
>
> PARAMETER VALUE
> -----------------------------------
> NLS_LANGUAGE
> AMERICAN
> NLS_TERRITORY
> AMERICA
> NLS_CURRENCY $
> NLS_ISO_CURRENCY
> AMERICA
> NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS .,
> NLS_CALENDAR
> GREGORIAN
> NLS_DATE_FORMAT DD-
> MON-RR
> NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE
> AMERICAN
> NLS_CHARACTERSET
> EE8ISO8859P2
> NLS_SORT
> BINARY
> NLS_TIME_FORMAT
> HH.MI.SSXFF AM
> NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT DD-
> MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM
> NLS_TIME_TZ_FORMAT
> HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR
> NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT DD-
> MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR
> NLS_DUAL_CURRENCY $
> NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET
> AL16UTF16
> NLS_COMP
> BINARY
> NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS BYTE
> NLS_NCHAR_CONV_EXCP FALSE
As usual:
Read the docs, read the docs, or Google (which you obviously didn't do either)
Make sure the *database* characterset supports Polish, and the characterset of your *client* is set to the *O/S* characterset. It is all documented!!! Why do you refuse to read documentation, and dump at least 5 RTFM questions per day here?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA