Re: Index is not getting in use if I add one more condition

From: Steve Robin <ocmaman_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2007 18:52:23 -0700

On Mar 22, 2:57 am, sybra..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On 20 Mar 2007 19:00:37 -0700, "Steve Robin" <ocma..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I apologies, but I don't remember any condition like this(IsDel).
>
> How about this
>
> > > SQL> EXPLAIN PLAN FOR
> > > 2 SELECT COUNT(1) FROM SC_ORG WHERE SC_ORG.ORG_TYPE =2 AND
> > > (SC_ORG.IsDel = :1)
>
> Also note in both statements different implicit conversions!!!
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

I am really sorry about my last reply.
I thought, Valentin was talking about any IsDel condition in index table(dba_indexes).
Yes I do know both are different, but when I apply index with hint, it is talking much lesser time. But cost is high. This is the problem. How will CBO use right index. Received on Wed Mar 21 2007 - 20:52:23 CDT