Cloning Oracle DB (non-RAC) Box with Acronis or Ghost

From: <hotm6654_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2007 13:25:00 -0700

I was wondering if anyone had any experience cloning an Oracle database server with Acronis or Ghost. This is a 10G Enterprise NonRAC  server. I have had good experience with cloning SQLServer servers. I have not done this before but would like to try. I am in a crunch for time.

This is my task list:

  1. Run sysprep on my server.
  2. Create the image
  3. Restore the image.
  4. Take the server off the network & reboot
  5. Name the new server and join the domain.
  6. Reconfigure IP.
  7. [Figure out a way to rename the server instance / SID]

What steps do I need to perform to complete the cloning safely? What are the gotcha's for this type of thing?

Thanks for your help in advance. Received on Wed Mar 21 2007 - 15:25:00 CDT