ora-01003

From: <daniel.p.nguyen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2007 11:37:27 -0700

I was wondering if any one could extend their help. Thank you in advance for any one replying.

Our .NET web application written in C#, running in IIS 6.0, pointing to Oracle 10. The web application utilize connection pulling. We are managing connection very tighly. We open the connection at the last minute, and dispose the connection right after use.

We experience the "ora-01003" error randomly. After an IIS reset, the error does go away. The error comes back after some usage. The behavior is very random though.

We've tried running differerent type of test against our application.

We tried running an endurance test against our web application. On some test iteration, it might take about an hour. On other test iteration, it might take half an hour. This test make 1 single request only after the first request has finished.

We also tried running a load test against our web application. Again, sometime it takes half an hour, others take about an hour. Sometime we cannot reproduce the error at all. This test creates simultaneous concurrent requests to our web application.

Both test senerio, we cannot reproduce the error with confidence. The error happens very RANDOM. I've looked on the web for this sepecific oracle error and most people also experience the same behavior.

--1--The error happens randomly only after some use.
--2--Reseting the web server resolves the error.
--3--The error comes back after some use.

Most threads do not have a solution. Most threads suggest to reset the web server, which is not the answer we are looking for. Turning off connection pulling is also not an option in this senario.

We are 99% pretty sure that oracle isn't the issue, because the version before this didn't experience this specific error.

After spending the last few days debugging this, we "think" that the issue lies in the connection pool being corrupted. But we have no idea if that's the case. Received on Wed Mar 21 2007 - 13:37:27 CDT