Re: catalog.sql, catproc.sql and pupbld.sql

From: ton de w <ton_de_winter_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 21 Mar 2007 04:37:42 -0700

On 14 Mar, 20:05, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> ton de w schreef:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > I have an application to install on 9i - it says I must run
> > catalog.sql, catproc.sql and pupbld.sql before installing.
> > hmmm.
> > So how do I know if they have been run before? And if they have been
> > run before will running them twice be OK?
>
> > The instructions seem a bit old - is it possible I dont have to run
> > these scripts on 9i?
> > Or 10G? I have an install coming up on 10G!
>
> > TIA
>
> > Ton
>
> The application states the obvious - catproc and catalog run upon
> creation time - no harm in rerunning, unless you run the
> wrong version (from a different location, for example...).
>
> pupbld.sql builds a rarely used table, called product_user_profile;
> it can be used to allow users to use a certain interface. In that
> case, it may be of interest to your app.
> The first two are really over the top, and would not only make
> my eyebrows raise an inch or so, I would seriously doubt the
> Oracle knowledge of the vendor.
>
> Doesn't it say "Switch on your computer" anywhere <g>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

I looked into this a bit more - and it looks like store and forward capabilites (for a gateway) are being set up. job_queue_processes and job_queue_interval need setting in the init file.
Might running catproc and catalog (in addition to running at db creation) make sense after the init file was modified? Received on Wed Mar 21 2007 - 06:37:42 CDT