Re: Help: install Oracle 10g precheck

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2007 13:23:08 -0700

On Mar 20, 4:11 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> emdproduct..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> >> 'P' - Proprietary module has been loaded
>
> >> This is most probably due to EMC modules.
>
> > Thanks for your reply.
>
> > But WHAT should i do with it?
>
> > Can I ignore the error? Do I have to un-install the module?
>
> Ask EMC.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I remember: Oracle will support as part of the "Unbreakable Linux" program both database and the operating system as long as the O/S is "not tainted". In other words, you would not have to call RedHat for O/S related issues.

In your case, because of the EMC modules Oracle will not support your O/S which does not mean the combination server + O/S is not supported, but only that each vendor will support their own product. Received on Tue Mar 20 2007 - 15:23:08 CDT