Re: Insert statement taking a very long time to complete

From: <gordon_at_panix.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2007 13:08:37 -0700

On Mar 20, 2:24 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Depending on your version, you could use
> a merge statement.
> Here's an example:http://psoug.org/reference/merge.html

Unfortunately, I can't use merge. I'm using Oracle 9i, which requires action be taken both when the merge condition is matched and when it isn't, which isn't suitable for my particular application.

Thanks for the reply though. :-)

John Gordon
gordon_at_panix.com Received on Tue Mar 20 2007 - 15:08:37 CDT