Coding question - piping rows from a function

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:21:29 GMT

If I write a function which has a cursor in it, is it possible to pipe the returned rows
back to a procedure where the row information can be processed?

Something like:

  LOOP     data_row_object := piped_function();

    ... process data_row_object ...

  END LOOP; I know I can write table functions which return the piped rows directly into a table to be
inserted but I don't necesarily want to do that in this case if I can find a way to do it. Received on Mon Mar 19 2007 - 19:21:29 CDT