Re: Try to set a oracle cron job on AIX 5.2

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2007 15:46:23 -0700

On Mar 19, 2:52 pm, philc..._at_rogers.com wrote:
> On Mar 19, 5:20 pm, "Matthias Hoys" <a..._at_spam.com> wrote:
>

> > <philc..._at_rogers.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi,
> > > I am trying to set up acronjobto backup my database daily, the
> > > following is my shell script, but it
> > > seems it would not run from thecron, but the manual run is fine, I
> > > don't know what is missing from my environment:
>
> > > ==================================
> > > #!/usr/bin/ksh
> > > #oracledaily backups
>
> > > export ORACLE_SID=MYPRD
> > > export ORACLE_HOME=/home/app/oracle/product/9.2.0
> > > export ORAENV_ASK=NO;
> > > . oraenv
>
> > > WORK_IDEN=/san01/pmmprd/alcprd/exp/exp_myprd_full
>
> > > exp system/manager file=$WORK_IDEN.dmp log=$WORK_IDEN.log full=y
> > > direct=y
> > > exp system/manager parfile=$WORK_IDEN.par
> > > ~
>
> > > ===============================================
>
> > > Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> > > Philip
>
> > Do you have exp in your path ? Try to add export
> > PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin, or the full path to the exp executable.
>
> > Matthias- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Joel and Matthias,
>
> Thanks a lot for giving me so much suggestions, here are my
> corrections to my script:
>
> # Schedule of daily oracle backups
> 02 19 * * * /san01/pmmprd/alcprd/exp/exp_myprd.sh
>
> Yes I am running separate crons for the oracle, no need for cron.allow
> as long as oracle is not in cron.deny.
>
> The shell is correct, because I got the shell from env. But you gave
> me two suggestions:
>
> 1. Take out the semicolon from NO
> 2. add the line export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
>
> I re-scheduled it to run this evening again. Let's see if it works
> tommorrow.
>
> Here is my modified script:

> #!/usr/bin/ksh
> #oracle daily backups
>
> export ORACLE_SID=MYPRD
> export ORACLE_HOME=/home/app/oracle/product/9.2.0
> export PATH=$PATH:/home/app/oralce/product/9.2.0/bin
> export ORAENV_ASK=NO
> . oraenv
>
> WORK_IDEN=/san01/pmmprd/myprd/exp/exp_myprd_full
>
> exp system/manager file=$WORK_IDEN.dmp log=$WORK_IDEN.log full=y
> direct=y
> exp system/manager parfile=$WORK_IDEN.par

> Thanks you so much again.
>
> Philip

Well, besides the fact you can't spell oracle (look at your PATH :-) adding it to your path should have been done by oraenv, so you might investigate why that doesn't work, a printenv at the beginning and end of your script may help for debugging purposes. Trying running the command dbhome with no SID and then with your SID, see if it says the correct home (and if not, check your oratab). Keep us posted.

I was under the impression that if neither the allow or deny files exist, only root can cron. But it's been too long since I've been on AIX to remember if it is different than hp-ux that way. Actually, it's been so long since I've had to deal with this issue I don't remember if hp-ux is that way, either. at and batch _are_ that way, anyways.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Well, at least it isn't a green door.