Re: Help with sql query speed. Explain plan included

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:49:00 -0700

Charles Hooper wrote:

> I just completed some rather extensive testing of this problem on
> Oracle 10.2.0.3 running on Windows Vista. The results were not quite
> was I expected. 10.2.0.3, at least on this platform, seems to ignore
> hints.

Speaking of hints you just reminded me that in the current issue of Oracle Scene, the UKOUG's magazine, Issue 29, page 30, there is an article by Bob Mycroft on using Plan Stability to do what Advanced Rewrite doesn't ... place hints into code when you can not get to the source.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington