CAN DBMS_SCHEDULER IN 10G ALTER JOB'S NEXT EXECUTION TIME AS DBMS_JOB?

From: cherry <cherryparadise001_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2007 19:32:05 -0700

Ihave a scheduled job create and monitor using DBMS_JOB package in 8i. After upgrade to 10g, we recognize
there is a new package DBMS_Scheduler which superseded DBMS_JOB and it is
easier to moniter and manage through the EM.

However, I know that there is a procedure NEXT_DATE in DBMS_JOB which alter job's next execution time but I can't find any similar function in DBMS_Scheduler. The Set_Attribute function only allows update of "start_date" or "end_date" but not the next run date.

Any one knows how to change the next run time but doesn't affect the original scheduling? such that after running at the changed "next run time", it can retain the next run as the original interval defined.

Thanks and Regards,
Cherry Received on Fri Mar 16 2007 - 21:32:05 CDT