Re: meaning of "query" column

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 15 Mar 2007 13:33:11 -0700

On Mar 15, 3:10 pm, "Ed" <e..._at_mail.com> wrote:
> What does "query" column mean ?
> thanks
>
> call count cpu elapsed disk
> query current rows
> ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ----------
> ---------- ----------
> Parse 1 0.00 0.00 0
> 0 0 0
> Execute 1 0.01 0.02 0
> 78 8 2
> Fetch 0 0.00 0.00 0
> 0 0 0
> ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
> total 2 0.01 0.02 0 78 8
> 2
>
> Misses in library cache during parse: 1
> Misses in library cache during execute: 1
> Optimizer goal: ALL_ROWS
> Parsing user id: 257 (recursive depth: 2)
>
> 10gR2

According to Oracle in the *documentation* (the first place you should have searched) --

QUERY Total number of buffers retrieved in consistent mode for all parse, execute, or fetch calls. Usually, buffers are retrieved in consistent mode for queries.

Found here --

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/sqltrace.htm#i4642

I would strongly suggest that you bookmark the following web address

http://tahiti.oracle.com

as you should be using it to find the answers to such questions. When you can't find it there, ask here, rather than the 'ask here and I'll wait for someone to tell me' method you currently use.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Mar 15 2007 - 15:33:11 CDT