Java Oracle OCI Driver compatible for 9i and 10g

From: <prashdegr8_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2007 05:21:14 -0700

All,
I have an web based Java application deployed in Tomcat 5.5.9 using JDK version 1.5 on windows.we use oracleOCI client to connect to oracle database.

earlier we were using 9i version classes12.jar to connect to 9i database using 9i client.Now as we are upgrading our applications to use oracle 10g. Also as we still need to support oracle 9i, how can i make my application support both of them.

If i use the 10g library classes12.jar in my application, i am not able to connect using 9i client to 9i database and vice versa.

Even using 10g client's ojdbc14.jar i was not able to connect to db using 9i client.

Please suggest. Received on Thu Mar 15 2007 - 07:21:14 CDT