Re: Export hangs on last table in tablespace

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 15 Mar 2007 04:58:59 -0700

On Mar 14, 10:25 pm, "eAddict" <eAdd..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I ended up running it one more time. It finished 3 hours later.
> There was no difference in the size of the last dump file though. I
> just
> wonder what Oracle was doing eating 90%+ CPU for over 2 hours.
>
> Thanks again.
> Vince

Again it appears you have a DATA issue with that 'last table' in this export, and it may be that this errant data is corrupted in some way; I've experienced similar time consuming problems with Oracle and Streams when data in one table was corrupt in some way on the destination side; V$LOCK and V$LOCKED_OBJECT would show a single table locked for minutes until a timeout occurred and then processing would continue uninterrupted until this same table was updated again. Replacing the data from the source into the destination cured the problem, however you may not have this option. I would investigate the DBMS_REPAIR package (Morgan's Library, at www.psoug.org, has this package described and demos available) and see if this IS due to corrupted data and if the package can repair the damage.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Mar 15 2007 - 06:58:59 CDT