Re: Develop Triggers to Sync Databases of Different Types??

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 Mar 2007 16:46:32 -0700

On Mar 14, 6:36 pm, "Dustin" <dustin.digm..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I am doing research to find out if this is possible. Does anybody
> know if it is?
>
> I need to be able to make triggers that synchronize an Oracle database
> and a Postgres database. Umm, is it possible?

How will you 'notify' the Oracle database of changes made to the Postgres database? It would appear this task to not be possible with triggers, as I know of no mechanism in Postgresql which is equivalent to the functionality of DBMS_ALERT. I would suggest you think about writing an Oracle package to 'sync' the Postgres database with Oracle. And I suggest you find a knowledgeable source in a Postgres newsgroup for methods on synchronising from Postgres to Oracle.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Mar 14 2007 - 18:46:32 CDT