Re: How my other Unix account can access oracle binaries?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2007 06:08:41 -0700

On Mar 14, 5:07 am, "sybrandb" <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 9:45 am, chi.j..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi, all,
>
> > I have a question after I installed Oracle 10g. Others don't have any
> > permission in the binary files, such as, sqlplus.
> > Other than change file permission by chmod or add dba group in my
> > current Unix account.
>
> Just set up Oracle according to the installation documentation, and
> make sure the suid bit of the Oracle executable is set.
> Your installation is incorrect, otherwise you wouldn't have faced this
> problem. Likely you didn't read the installation documentation and/or
> you didn't run rootpre.sh and/or the post-installation steps.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

What is the exact version of Oracle? There are known issues with Oracle not setting the permissions correctly for at least 10.2.2 I seem to remember that the problem may have occurred on other releases also.

See Oracle metalink document:

Subject: Wrong File Protection After Installation Of 10.2.0.2 Note:363721.1

Also there should be a note about known problems available on the additional instruction web url referred to in the install instructions.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Mar 14 2007 - 08:08:41 CDT