Re: block corruption

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:51:21 -0400

On 4 Mar 2007 12:41:51 -0800, "Jeff B" <jbisch1_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Other than the following, can anyone provide other suggestions as to
>what may corrupt a block?
>
>Bad I/O hardware/firmware
>Operating system I/O or caching problems
>Disk repair utilities
>Memory problems
>Oracle incorrectly attempting to access an unformatted block
>
>Is there anyway a user could cause a corrupt block?

I don't think a user can necessarily cause a corrupt block (besides vi and bugs as michael mentioned)

But I've seen corruptions detected during rman backups (for unknown reasons), as well as during database crushes (very rarely, but happens)

We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 and Solaris 10 (Sparc) remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Mar 13 2007 - 11:51:21 CDT