Re: Bind Peeking with java application

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:29:07 -0700

Cristian Cudizio wrote:
> On Mar 12, 7:55 pm, sybra..._at_gmail.com wrote:

>> On 12 Mar 2007 10:02:48 -0700, "Cristian Cudizio"
>>
>> <cristian.cudi..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:
>>> So i suspect that on eavy load Oracle during hard parse does not make
>>> bind peeking
>> Any reference in the docs?
>> Because obviously this is nonsense.
>>
>> --
>> Sybrand Bakker
>> Senior Oracle DBA

> sorry, i've some problems with posting. I thing you are rigth "this is
> nonsense"
> there are no reference in the docs but it appens

I think your problem is one of patience. It takes awhile for posts to be visible.

You also have a problem with stating your business problem. I don't see it in any of your posts. Business problems are not matters of technology they are matters of stating what the issue is, in terms of business issues you are trying to solve.

For example:
Our business rule is that you can not get a loan if your credit score is below 800.

Then state your question:
How can I determine the credit score from the table that holds them when I also need information from the loan_history table.

I still think you are attacking a problem that is irrelevant to solving the business problem.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington