Re: facing problems to connect with SQL*PLUS.

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 13 Mar 2007 07:08:39 -0700

On Mar 12, 11:19 pm, "shob..._at_gmail.com" <comlear..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.All,
> I am using Windows XP Professional SP 2 and Oracle 10g R2 on my home
> computer.
>
> when I start SQL *PLUS sometimes i get this error.
>
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
>
> can any body here say me why i am getting these errors and how to
> solve this problem.

Your question has already been answered by Daniel and the answer is as follows:

Oracle has not yet started. Period.

Daniel also provided some useful advice, such as WAIT for a while before you try using SQL*Plus and your slow machine will probably catch up, all services will be started and, gee whiz, your problem will disappear.

Stop asking the same question over and over after it has been answered. And it's been answered TWICE now.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Mar 13 2007 - 09:08:39 CDT