Any expert Pro*C/C++ programmer out there?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 12 Mar 2007 22:21:45 -0700

I have programmed using the OCI for years, but decided to move to Pro*C/C++. I have ran and modified the simplest examples so far. But now I ma stuck.

In my application, the critical variable which is only known at run time is none less than the table name. It is something like this:

 SELECT emp_name FROM $table_name WHERE emp_id = :some_unique_id;

So, per the manual, I guess I should use Method 3. The doubt that I have is this. If I know for a fact that there will be a single record being retrieved, do I still have to use the specifics of Method 3 described in sample8.pc, with CURSOR, FETCH a loop and everything? It sounds like such a waste. It seems to me that there should be a simpler way, given that the contents of only one row will be retrieved.

-Ramon Received on Tue Mar 13 2007 - 00:21:45 CDT