Re: facing problems to connect with SQL*PLUS.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:43:17 -0700

shobhit_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi.All,
> I am using Windows XP Professional SP 2 and Oracle 10g R2 on my home
> computer.
>
> when I start SQL *PLUS sometimes i get this error.
>
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
>
> can any body here say me why i am getting these errors and how to
> solve this problem.

Given that you say "sometimes" it is likely that you have a somewhat slow machine and are not giving Windows sufficient time to start all of the services.

Go pour yourself a glass of wine after you turn it on. Check on the cat. Make sure the doors are locked. Likely it will be just fine.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington