Are BLOB blocks put in buffer cache ..

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2007 16:57:23 -0700

I have some tables which contain large blobs (attachment such as .jpeg files are stored). I am using blob type have a separate tablespace for using blobs.

When I read this table and process blob, i.e., read through all of blob and create a file .jpeg, will all blocks of blob go through the buffer cache and will they push everything out of the db_cache.

I looking at the contents of buffer cache and somehow do not see blobs filling up my cache, that is why posing this question. If blobs take away lot of space in cache, I will like to put them in recycle pool.

Thanks, Received on Mon Mar 12 2007 - 18:57:23 CDT