ORA-12571/TNS-12571

From: pp <pp_at_mm.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:32:58 +1100

Hi,

I am using Tru64 5.1B-4 and Oracle 9i.
I got the following ORA-12571 error when executed svrmgrl SQL*PLUS:

You are attempting to invoke sql*plus or Server Manager (svrmgrl) and recweive the following error message:

ORA-12571 or TNS_12571:
ORA-12571, 00000, "TNS:packet writer failure" Cause: An error occurred during a data send.

You receive this error message before any connected message is produced and regardless of whether your database is up or down.

Note: This occurs on Digital UNIX when the node on which Oracle is starting is
part of a Digital Trucluster.
Configuration of the Trucluster software is incomplete.

We have no trucluster software install in the server. I am not sure whether this is the cause of the problem.

Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Thanks
P Received on Mon Mar 12 2007 - 04:32:58 CDT