multi-table insert puzzler

From: foothillbiker <foothillbiker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Mar 2007 16:30:29 -0800

All,

platform: 10.2.0.2 / solarisx86 64bit

I am transforming data from table A to tables "Guardian" and "Ward"

Table A contains:
GuardianID
Wards (comma delimited list of 0 or more progeny, all in a single, VARCHAR2(2000) field)

I'd like to, in a single pass through Table A:
- populate Guardian with the GuardianID

Ideally I would be able to
- autogen an id for the guardian

I /think/ this is a job for INSERT ALL but am not quite sure.

As ever, I appreciate your collective wisedom.

REgards,
Chas. Received on Fri Mar 09 2007 - 18:30:29 CST