Re: Oracle create duplicate user account

From: <trpost_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Mar 2007 13:29:25 -0800

Thanks for your response, I visited the URL provided and found the article on "How to copy all the privileges from one user to another". What would be the steps outside of a script for creating a user from scratch to be just like another user? I was able to pick out from the script that there were 3 table containing the privledge information (dba_sys_privs, dba_tab_privs, dba_col_privs). However for the sake of understanding I would like to see how this is done systematically from scratch at the beginning from creating the user through assigning permissions. So how would I step by step create a new user and then find out all that is necessary to make that user look just like another user. Thanks! Received on Fri Mar 09 2007 - 15:29:25 CST