ora-01461 when importing a 10.2 dump

From: Thomas Kellerer <TAAXADSCBIXW_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:57:46 +0100

Hello,

I'm running into a ora-01461 error when I try to import a dump file that I have received from a customer.

I have read the notes on metalink regarding possible workarounds for this issue and I have tried all that I can apply.

The table in question has two VARCHAR2(4000 BYTE) columns.

What I have tried so far:

  1. played around with various NLS_LANG settings on the imp client (Windows XP)
  2. decrease the size of the columns to 1000 BYTE each
  3. Change the datatype of the two columns to CLOB
  4. Metalink mentions setting the buffer size of an OCI program to 4000 to overcome this issue, so I gave imp buffer=4000 a try but also to no avail

But none of them worked. I get the ORA-01461 immediately.

The export was done using WE8ISO8859P1 and my database is AL32UTF8.

It will be very complicated to get a different dump, so I'm wondering if there is any way I can import the dump into my database.

I'm trying this on my local Oracle installation on a Windows XP machine, with 10.2.0.1.0 installed

Any ideas what else I could try?

Cheers
Thomas Received on Fri Mar 09 2007 - 10:57:46 CST