Re: LOB - DISABLE STORAGE IN ROW ?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2007 11:42:19 -0800

On Mar 7, 2:27 pm, "Ed" <e..._at_mail.com> wrote:
> create table my_lob_table(f1 int primary key, f2 clob);
>
> If I know most ("> 80%) of the CLOBs persisted will be bigger than 4K
> should I just specify "DISABLE STORAGE IN ROW" in the creation ?
>
> thanks
>
> 10gR2

I would disable storage in the row if the LOB data is not retrieved in the great majority of cases or if it data beyond 4K is normally retrieved when the LOB is accessed.

For the most part I always want the entire LOB to be stored external to the table.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Mar 07 2007 - 13:42:19 CST