Relationship between Oracle log file size and Oracle performance

From: <jshen.cad_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2007 07:56:39 -0800

hi,

   Last day, I cleared our Oracle DB server network listener's log file, which is around 1.7GB.

  After doing that, I found I/O queue size decrease A £Ì£Ï£Ô, while 'sar 3 5' shows wio keeps be to higher than 65%.

   The oracle version is 8.1.7 running on HP-UX 11i.

   I want to tune DB performance further. So, I want to know whether this relationship between Oracle perfromance and network listener log file size ? Is there any relationship between Oracle performance and redo log file size? (Our current redo log file size is 500MB, there are two redo logfile defined, show I try to increase the size to 1GB ? )

  each word will be highly appreciated.

  Joe Received on Wed Mar 07 2007 - 09:56:39 CST