Re: CLOB : Inserting or Updating ?

From: Ed <ed_at_mail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:55:36 -0500

Why "have to write a empty clob first" ? I have inserted only pk value and NULL to the CLOB column

Then later do this is subsequent application:

DECLARE
     l_clob CLOB := some_function_returning_clob ; BEGIN
    UPDATE mytable SET f2= l_clob WHERE f1= 1 ;     COMMIT;
END; Is this right ?
thanks

"Bruintje Beer"