Re: Installer oracle8i - doesn't start

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2007 05:41:04 -0800

On Mar 7, 2:12 pm, "Kris" <214kris_at_wywa1to_interia.pl> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I try to installl Oracle8i 8.1.7 from original CD, on w2k3 server - and
> after appear first window with possible chooses when i click
> [install/deinstall products] - nothing happen, no logs no errors, nothing :|
> wtf?
>
> Greet Kris

You are installing 8.1.7 on a platform for which it was never certified, as 8.1.7 was desupported before W2k3 hit the market. Upgrade to 9iR2, or better to 10gR2, as 9i will be desupported end of July.
Please note no Microsoft product has ever been 100 percent downwards compatible.
You should rather say 'wtf' to yourself for not investigating the certification issue and sticking to paleolithic software.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA