Re: Suitable high availability solution?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 15:11:54 +0000

gazzag wrote:
> On 2 Mar, 10:00, "sybrandb" <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> Oracle Dataguard. Comes with Oracle and is free

> If you purchase the Enterprise Edition, the above statement is
> correct.

Actually Gareth, I don't really consider it correct even then, it's true that the DataGuard portion doesn't come with a separate price tag, but the second server will also have to be licensed at EE price rates (including the per-core pricing that no longer applies to SE). That can be pretty expensive.

As for the OP, have you considered consolidating your different databases (all on the same server by the sounds of it) into far fewer databases (and far more schemas)?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA