Re: Putting multiple CREATE TABLE statements in one *.SQL is really not possible ?

From: William Robertson <williamr2019_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2007 01:41:41 -0800

On Mar 4, 3:46 am, "Dave" <David.C.Wat..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2:36 pm, pra..._at_nortel.com (Steven Prasil) wrote:
>
> > I put a couple of CREATE TABLE statements into one sql sheet/file similar to:
>
> > CREATE TABLE A ( ..... )
>
> > CREATE TABLE B ( ..... )
>
> > CREATE TABLE C ( ..... )
>
> > and try to run them against an Oracle database. However Oracle resp. Toad/SQL Editor
> > told me "Invalid option". Why ?
>
> > Even when I append a semicolon after each CREATE TABLE statement it does not run.
>
> > Is this really not possible ?
>
> > Steven
>
> Look up how to create a script on otn.oracle.com. I'm not sure about
> toad, but try running this in SQL*PLUS with ; then a forward slash
> after (/).

Not both for a CREATE TABLE statement. In SQL*Plus that will make it repeat the command, giving "name is already used" errors. As a huge number of posters have already repeated, it needs to be one or the other. I've no idea what it would do in TOAD, or indeed why the OP is using TOAD in the first place.

Odd how much confusion there seems to be out there about such a simple thing.