Re: Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance goes beyond blocking ports. Is that a Microsoft-only defense?

From: JJ <jay_at_jay.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:19:32 -0500

I believe ASA is extremely limited right now and also requires a firmware update to improve its detection. I seem to recall it has about 30 application layer checks versus Juniper's 100 application layer checks and versus Check Point's 1,700 application layer checks. I'm more familar with CP and it definitely knows about different exploits for many vendors products.

Ray