Re: DST patch for 8.04

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:56:26 -0600

gabo22003_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We still have a db running Oracle 8.04 on NT. Are there any DST
> patches associated with Oracle 8.04?
>
> Thank you

This might be a stupid question, but since you need Metalink access to obtain the patch, can't you check Metalink for the availability of the patch?

Since Oracle 8.0 was desupported a very long time ago, Oracle is not putting out any new patches for this version. So the DST patch is not available there.

And aren't you worried about the OS? Windows NT was desupported quite a while ago as well. I'm not sure if MS put out a patch for NT or not...but this issue illustrates the necessity for keeping current on your OS and database levels...

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net