advantage of fal_client/fal_server in 9.2.0.7 ?

From: Iano <ianmcclement_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2007 20:37:01 -0800

Hi
I have been setting up standby databases, and just have a (hopefully) stupid question ...
What is the advantage of using the fal_client/fal_Server over automatic gap resolution in 9.2.0.7.
As all my gaps seem to get resolved without the fal* parameters set ...

I have read metalink doc 232649.1, but still cant see the advantage.Having said that, the 10.1 doc does say "Prior to Oracle Database 10g Release 1, the FAL client and server were used to resolve gaps from the primary database", which contradicts the metalink doc slightly

Can someone please point out the obvious for me ?!?!

Cheers
Ian Received on Thu Mar 01 2007 - 22:37:01 CST