Re: 9i dbsnmp agent on IP different from primary

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:28:11 -0500

On 28 Feb 2007 15:23:20 -0800, "joel garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote:

>On Feb 28, 6:27 am, NetComrade <netcomradeNS..._at_bookexchange.net>
>wrote:
>> How can it be accomplished :)?
>>
>> Need for manual failover.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
>Well, I don't really know, but the docs say something about
>dbsnmp.hostname = <hostname or ip address> in the snmp_rw.ora file...
>"bind to a particular network interface card"
>
>Intelligent agent user's guide appendix A.

Joel, thank you very much.. I should know better to rtfm. Also found a Metalink Note 190026.1 discussing a similar situation (which mentions this file)..
Now if I could figure out where the agent keeps old information (keeps trying to connect to old listener definition). I'll try deleting the *.q files in the morning (don't want to wake up the 'other' dbas)

Thanks again.

-A
We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 and Solaris 10 (Sparc) remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Mar 01 2007 - 22:28:11 CST