Re: Problem with Truncate Table

From: BGT <bgt0990_at_optonline.net>
Date: 1 Mar 2007 10:50:44 -0800

On Mar 1, 1:07 pm, "BGT" <bgt0..._at_optonline.net> wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2:39 pm, "joel garry" <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 28, 7:23 am, "BGT" <bgt0..._at_optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > > I am no longer able to truncate tables in this 9.2.0.6.0 database.
> > > When I do a "truncate table "tablename" drop storage" I get ORA-00904
> > > "DROP SEGMENTS" INVALID IDENTIFIER.
>
> > > I've tried this on multiple tables as the schema owner and a SYSDBA
> > > user with the same results. Any idea what is happening?
>
> > > Thanks
> > > Barry
>
> > Well, there was a bug in an earlier version, maybe somewhere along the
> > line you ran the wrong catalog.sql or got an old sql.bsq.
>
> > as sys,
> > SQL> desc mon_mods$
> > Name Null? Type
> > ----------------------------------------- --------
> > ----------------------------
> > OBJ# NUMBER
> > INSERTS NUMBER
> > UPDATES NUMBER
> > DELETES NUMBER
> > TIMESTAMP DATE
> > FLAGS NUMBER
> > DROP_SEGMENTS NUMBER
>
> > If you don't have a field named drop_segments, you have this problem
> > (which could potentially be a quite serious patching goof). Check
> > sql.bsq to be sure it has a create statement that matches this table.
> > Then try running catalog.sql.
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > Are they still using Sybase? http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S33513.shtml?cat=1
>
> I tred to send this before but Google ate my msg.
>
> Joel is correct I don't have a DROP_SEGMENTS entry in that table. I
> checked the sql.bsq script and the correct entry is there for this
> table, but running Catalog.slq did not bring it back. I manually
> entered the column into the mon_mods$ table and I am running catalog
> again to see if it wacts any different.
>
> Thanks
> Barry- Hide quoted text -

That took care of the problem. The question is how did it happen in the first place? I believe that this database was the second on on this box and was added via the Database Configuration Assistant I believe it was patched before the database was added.

Barry Received on Thu Mar 01 2007 - 12:50:44 CST