Re: Daylight savings patch

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:02:09 GMT

Glen wrote:

> Oradba Linux wrote:

>> Glen wrote:
>>
>>> Just out of curiousity, how many here have had to install this patch?
>>>
>>> Or how many don't have data or procedures that are affected by the
>>> new change but decided to install it anyway in case they do plan on
>>> using data that is affected by DST?
>>>
>>> I've ran the checks on all of our DB's and it looks like I can get
>>> away without the patch, but I am considering installing it anyway
>>> "just in case", but do you think Oracle may make change part of a
>>> regular patch release anyway?
>>>
>>> Just curious..
>>
>> what version? If you are on 10g then dd uses some timezone features.
>> It is very easy to apply. Better safe than sorry..
>
> 9iR2 at a variety of patchset levels, but mostly at 9.2.0.7
>
>  - I don't have any DB's on 10G yet
>
> Oh, and one legacy DB at 8.1.7.4 (to be moved to 9i in April)

Frankly I have never seen such a confused issue for Oracle DBAs. There are so many confusing and conflicting metalink notes it's unbelievable. Even yesterday's DST web conference was a fiasco. The slide presentation didn't work!

Do you need to patch? Good luck sifting through the myriad of metalink notes, none of which are clear or concise. In the audio portion of yesterday's web conference it was stated that if you have a 10g agent running on a patched O/S, you must patch the agent home, regardless of db version, use of jvm, or use of timestamp data types. You must also patch any 10g OMS repository database home. That's the first I heard of any of this, and that with < 2 weeks to go before the new rules take affect. Received on Thu Mar 01 2007 - 09:02:09 CST