unable to execute Pro*C commands from application using XA

From: <bhanu.e_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2007 23:47:52 -0800

I am using an application which needs to connect to Oracle (application running on Unix MP-RAS.) To connect to Oracle, i am using the XA interface.

The trace file generated by Oracle shows that the xa_open() to Oracle was successful and i also see a connection to Oracle using 'netstat'

The problem now is, whenever i try to fetch data from the Database or update etc.,( any database operation as such) i get an error, 'ORA-01012; not connected'

inspite of this error, the connection is still shown as 'established' and further XA calls are all processed successfully; like xa_start(), xa_rollback() etc.

I have checked the Oracle Programmer's reference to develop XA application but there was no inforamtion.

Can anybody help me with the reason why the application is behaving in such a manner?

Thanks! Received on Thu Mar 01 2007 - 01:47:52 CST