Re: Insert append nologging

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalismanN0SP4M_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:59:15 +0100

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Jerome Vitalis schreef:

>> DA Morgan wrote:

>>> Please provide a reference to the docs. Thanks.
>> Not sure this is officially documented.
>> Have a look at Tom's explanation though: http://tinyurl.com/ywjsae
>> (Tom's first answer.)

> All I see is the append hint being the crucial thing.
> Use the append hint: no redo.

If the LOGGING attribute of the table is enabled (which is the default),

   redo records are not generated in NOARCHIVELOG mode with the append hint, whereas they are in ARCHIVELOG mode. So I don't think we can say "that NOARCHIVELOG and LOGGING (or the append hint) have nothing to do with eachother". Received on Wed Feb 28 2007 - 13:59:15 CST