Re: Cursor problem

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:43:29 -0800

soalvajavab1_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a situation that have a cursor defined and need to add the
> resukt of the following query to its where clause:
>
> select max(last_update_date)
> into v_last_run
> from sa_service_request
> where last_update_user = 'FRANK_PIA';
>

> I mean it needs to be like this:
>
> CURSOR pia1
> IS
> SELECT t1.service_request_no, t1.problem_description
> FROM sa_service_request t1
> WHERE t1.service_request_status = 'FINISHED'
> AND t1.finished_date >= v_last_run
>
> If I could have my select max() statment in DECLARE part of Stored
> Proc then I would be OK. I don't want to go with REF Cursor if
> possible. Is there anyway to easily do that?

What version of Oracle?

Who is last_update_user? The last person to update any record? specific records? the records selected by the cursor?

Potentially link an in-line view into your query but form what you've written I can imagine quite a few possible scenarios.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington